RCU Forums - View Single Post - IIyshin IL-62 Very Large EDF airliner
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: IIyshin IL-62 Very Large EDF airliner

So far all I have accomplished has been part of the rear of the plane. That is where most of the action is taking place. The design of the 727 is such that I wish to use one turbine (24# thrust). The 727 has two nacelles to the side and the support for these nacelles runs right thru the space where the engine should sit in the rear. This required a lot of "thinking" and innovation in order to get a place to mount my engine. Then the question of access arises, so I have fabricated a hatch just below the engine which when I finish will be removeable allowing access to the engine in case of an emergency. The fully moveable tailplane will be fixed at 0 degrees and functional elevators utilized. Again, fabrication for the servo actuator has to be made and I want full confidence in its integrity before I "button" up the rear of the plane. The foam fuselage and wings have been cut, but not sheeted yet. I am contemplating having the fuse laser cut and then built it up, but I am aways from that point right now. I have not taken many pics along the way, I spent too much time with glue on my fingers to mess with my camera. I am using the HAWE retracts and they are superb.
I would love to see your work and correspond with you along the way on your build. I am a big airliners fan.
Tommy