RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuel cans, jugs, containers, station, etc..
Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 AM
r3bldr
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel cans, jugs, containers, station, etc..

I too have seen the jersey and abell fuelers and they're nice for sure, but I just don't have bundles of money to throw around. Besides, some of us just like to build things ourselves. I already have plenty of wire, connectors and a spare 2-series lipoly battery from an electric heli I sold. All I needed was a 5 gallon jug from Ace hardware for 9 dollars, a fuel filter from Checker that was $3.99 and the Greylor pump that all the comercial fuelers use cost $47.00 straight from Greylor. So I've spent $60.00 plus a little of my time and I have a nice 5 gallon fueler. There's nothing wrong with supporting manufacturers but when you look at a product and see the materials involved, it just doesn't justify the price tag on it. At least to Some of us. I've got more time at my disposal than money. Another point. Many of my club members come to the field with these elaborate and expensive field boxes with the nice oak finish and folding legs. Mine is a cardboard box with a few partitions installed that cost zero dollars and suits me just fine. You don't want to know what I use for a bubble trap device. No it's not a UAT. Suffice it to say it cost about $3.00 and works great at preventing air from getting to the pump/engine. Aint' America great; we have all these choices. I'm not trying to knock anybody or company just pointing out that there are many ways to skin a cat.