RCU Forums - View Single Post - Special Effects Design
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Tanker447

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Special Effects Design

IT WORKS! Thanks to Icrecreamslick's suggestion! A little cumbersome to set up, but with the weighted flap and pin device set to fall down on the balloon instead of being pushed into the balloon it works great. The balloon popped after two BB shots to dislodge the flap hanger and POW! Flour dust came out of the window cutouts just fine (don't try this in the house!). Now all that is left is to try to work out a little more sophisticated flap and pin latch and some sort of tray for the flour that will be even more affected by the air burst - It is a good start and I'm sure it will lead to even better devices to do more varied effects. I don't have a video camera but I will post an updated drawing and some photos when I get the "building" a little more presentable - right now it just looks like a cardboard box with rectangle cut-outs.

Now, if someone can figure out a way to pump the balloon full of smoke.... or maybe put the flour in the balloon?

My wife is now convinced that I've gone completley over the edge! The dog and cat stay as far away from me as they can get!