RCU Forums - View Single Post - Moki 210
Thread: Moki 210
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 05:42 PM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moki 210

kmtranmd

Not sure where you're getting your information. I'm looking at the instructions that came with my Moki 2.10. It says, and I quote, "After break in, you can add nitro if you wish. However, these engines run fine without nitro. The recommended nitro content is 5% maximum for most applications, 10% is recommended only for cold weather and/or high altitude operation." It says nothing at all about running a 15% nitro mixture under any circumstances.

It is my understanding that these engines were designed to be operated in Europe, where nitro is very expensive. The intention was for them to run without any nitro. They run very high compression compared to our other types of glow engines. Yours may run fine for a while on a mixture of 15%, but I would think that you're putting an additional strain on the piston/rod/crank assembly with the higher percentage of nitro. Maybe not, maybe it will be fine and last for a long time.

I've been using blended fuel that contains about 2% nitro in both my 2.10 and my 1.80, and they run fine on that fuel. I've also run Omega 5% (castor, not the synthetic) and it works fine also (just add in about 3 ounces of extra castor/gallon). As JL1 mentioned, it's a lot cheaper to buy the 0-5% fuel.

Is it possible that you have one of the newer Mark engines that were modified to run on a higher percentage of nitro?

Just as a reference, I have my 2.10 Moki mounted on my 80" OMP Edge 540 profile that weighs 10 lbs 10 ounces. I'm using a wooden Bambula 20 X 8 prop. It runs great with that combination. Starts first back flip every time. I do have a 20 X 10 Bambula that I'm going to try just to see how it works, but I really like the quick spool up with the 20 X 8.

On a separate note-my hobby shop offers two different K & B 1L plugs-short and long. Anyone know which one of those plugs belongs in these Moki motors? In the instructions, Moki recommends them as one of the plugs to try and I want to make sure I put the proper one in there. I remember reading somewhere in here that McCoy makes a plug that works good in the Moki's also. Anyone have any information on that?

thanks