View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:36 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Matrix Arena TR

Looks pretty good.

A few comments;

I like the liberal use of "composites" as opposed to aluminum or CF. Composites can be made to be stronger and lightere than either Aluminum or CF. kinda the Losi "graphite" appoach. Very smart for weight savings.

I think the use of 4 brake discs shows an area that wasn't looked at. The ST-R's uses only 1 front and 1 rear, but the pads and disc are made of true brake quality components has it stopping on a dime. So, 4 discs are needed if the proper materials are used.

As far as handling. That is very SUBJECTIVE. Different drivig styles will prefer different handling characteristics. Just because it works for one person such as Gene (sponsored driver and "creator") doesn't mean is going to work for others. As an example, the ST-R. Alot of people I know find it fits them the best, However, there are a few who buy it and sell it because they just can't get it to "feel the way they like it". So, different strokes for different strokes. I myself don't believe there is ONE clear cut "BEST" truggy.

I also don't believe you can gain a lot from a video. Thats like buying a car based on a commercial with a professional driver. Unless you drive it, you really don't know what the limits are.....