Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Matrix Arena TR

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 PM
RC30GTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matrix Arena TR

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...18#post2058418

CEN finally release official pics and info on their truggy project. New information just posted on RCCA's forum.. it certaily look unique and dialed..... gotta love the 23mm and the ceter brace.. lighter and stronger

that body is cool too. if anyone know how to post pic, please post it, thanks
Old 08-01-2006, 02:42 PM
blackrain

Default RE: Matrix Arena TR

check these out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33727.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	500264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24189.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	500265   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27842.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	500266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf93900.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	500267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf49743.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	500268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tk76195.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	500269  
Old 08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
PillowPants

Looking at that body is stairing into the sun.. [:'(] It's BAD.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:57 PM
A.B.U

Yea, I don't like the chasis brace set up, or the cheapish look of it, really. The Body looks decent, though.

And can it be? the BODY sits higher than the wing? LOL!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
CEN Racing

The body isnt drilled or installed on the body. It just sits on top of the chassis for display purpose.

The center chassis brace actually provide better strength compare to ordinary chassis braces plus a unique look.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

The body isnt drilled or installed on the body. It just sits on top of the chassis for display purpose.

The center chassis brace actually provide better strength compare to ordinary chassis braces plus a unique look.
Aww come on CEN, you guys couldn't have drilled 4 holes to fit the body on the body posts? [sm=tired.gif]

I would like to see how it actually fits.. and what's with the engine mount? They're teeny tiny.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:50 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I like it. I've never had any particular like for CEN (as far as their products go, but the Fun Factor series is probably still the best bang for the buck in off road RC), and I really don't like truggies...

so I'm coming directly after you, CEN Racing, if you guys make me buy one

Will there be a 17mm hub option? if I DID happen to SOMEHOW acquire one, I'd like to be able to use my stockpile of 17mm MT wheels for my Savage with it. if the Matrix's hubs will fit, that'd be fine. Can you find out?

BTW, those aren't the engine mounts themselves, those are the plates that the engine mounts bolt to on almost all 1/8 buggy-esque cars.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:05 PM
blackrain

action shots
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37667.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	500400   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44769.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	500401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78689.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	500402  
Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 PM
ghmachine

Video of Cen Matrix Arena TR in action:
http://www.cenracing.com/area51/CENArenaTruck.wmv
Already a winner:
http://www.buggy-sport.info/blank.ph...contentid=4278

If you like the handling of the Jammin CRT, but the steering of the Kyosho ST-R, then you will love the Cen Matrix Arena TR. I personally designed and built the 1st prototype and it is by far the best handling Truggy ever made.

It will be available at Machine's R/C Hobbies first - pre-order yours today.
http://www.machines*********.com

Gene 'the machine' Hickerson
CEN Pro Factory Driver
Old 08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
RC30GTR

hey Gene... you are the best...
Old 08-03-2006, 11:37 PM
paul29

Of course you would say that it is the best handling truggy, when they pay your salary, it is the same as Kani saying the STR is the best handling truggy. As with all RC racing set up and skill are most important things to getting good results.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:20 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: ghmachine

Video of Cen Matrix Arena TR in action:
http://www.cenracing.com/area51/CENArenaTruck.wmv
Already a winner:
http://www.buggy-sport.info/blank.ph...contentid=4278

If you like the handling of the Jammin CRT, but the steering of the Kyosho ST-R, then you will love the Cen Matrix Arena TR. I personally designed and built the 1st prototype and it is by far the best handling Truggy ever made.

It will be available at Machine's R/C Hobbies first - pre-order yours today.
http://www.machines*********.com

Gene 'the machine' Hickerson
CEN Pro Factory Driver
Reguardless if it is the best handling truggy ever built or not, that video of Mr. Smolnick reveals a truggy that can be pushed to the ragged edge and not loose it's composure, very impressive. Congrats on that victory in Fla., I would have melted on the drivers stand under those conditions. My only disapointment is the big center spur gear, I run a highly modified CRT with a 50 tooth spur gear mod and adjusted front rear diff gear ratio that took alot of time and money to work out but it was such an improvement to the truck that to change to another brand, that brand would have to have a 50 tooth or smaller spur gear for me.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:39 PM
12Stones

don't like all the plastic i hope the pro kit looks like the buggys chassis parts
Old 08-05-2006, 12:13 AM
RC30GTR

I am sure they will revised the big spur...its only the first sample...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:36 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Looks pretty good.

A few comments;

I like the liberal use of "composites" as opposed to aluminum or CF. Composites can be made to be stronger and lightere than either Aluminum or CF. kinda the Losi "graphite" appoach. Very smart for weight savings.

I think the use of 4 brake discs shows an area that wasn't looked at. The ST-R's uses only 1 front and 1 rear, but the pads and disc are made of true brake quality components has it stopping on a dime. So, 4 discs are needed if the proper materials are used.

As far as handling. That is very SUBJECTIVE. Different drivig styles will prefer different handling characteristics. Just because it works for one person such as Gene (sponsored driver and "creator") doesn't mean is going to work for others. As an example, the ST-R. Alot of people I know find it fits them the best, However, there are a few who buy it and sell it because they just can't get it to "feel the way they like it". So, different strokes for different strokes. I myself don't believe there is ONE clear cut "BEST" truggy.

I also don't believe you can gain a lot from a video. Thats like buying a car based on a commercial with a professional driver. Unless you drive it, you really don't know what the limits are.....
Old 08-05-2006, 07:51 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

Looks pretty good.

A few comments;

I like the liberal use of "composites" as opposed to aluminum or CF. Composites can be made to be stronger and lightere than either Aluminum or CF. kinda the Losi "graphite" appoach. Very smart for weight savings.

I think the use of 4 brake discs shows an area that wasn't looked at. The ST-R's uses only 1 front and 1 rear, but the pads and disc are made of true brake quality components has it stopping on a dime. So, 4 discs are needed if the proper materials are used.

As far as handling. That is very SUBJECTIVE. Different drivig styles will prefer different handling characteristics. Just because it works for one person such as Gene (sponsored driver and "creator") doesn't mean is going to work for others. As an example, the ST-R. Alot of people I know find it fits them the best, However, there are a few who buy it and sell it because they just can't get it to "feel the way they like it". So, different strokes for different strokes. I myself don't believe there is ONE clear cut "BEST" truggy.

I also don't believe you can gain a lot from a video. Thats like buying a car based on a commercial with a professional driver. Unless you drive it, you really don't know what the limits are.....
I agree with you Alpha on all your points, that is why I limited my comments about the video to the fact that the truck looked forgiving when pushed hard. In three years of racing the truggy class, I have found that when two very equal drivers are running head to head that on power steering and how forgiving the chassis is to recovering itself from minor mistakes is the difference between winning and second place. You could never decide how well a truck is steering under power from a video because you dont have the transmitter in your hands to know what the driver did to get through the turn in question but you can get a good idea if it is forgiving to bad landings be they sideways, on one wheel, or casing the chassis.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Rob6

\
Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
gilracer1

Location: manati puerto ricounitedstates pr, PUERTO RICO (USA)

oh looks pretty good guys ,but for me that i am interested more in strengh than race porpuses,do guys are planing to make does plastic parts of the matrixx tr from aluminum too? i mean the chasis braces n servo cover....[]

I BET NEO IS GONNA KICK YOUR BUTT[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-18-2006, 10:12 PM
RC30GTR

its defintiley race worthy, i saw Matrix and Matrix TR TQ and won the R/C Car Action Race 1/8 buggy and truggy, now i am definitley getting one... for sure...

CEN said the pro kit wil be around $350 too.. NICE
Old 08-20-2006, 03:46 PM
tthomp113

Will there be a rtr version, and when is the exavct release date. Selling my beloved hyper 7 to get a truggy...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM
eddy2785329

rgxracing.com has a release date and price[&:]
Old 08-28-2006, 02:16 PM
blackrain

it looks like im going to have to sell the mugen msr x5t this matrix truggy is looking to sweet looks even better with the engine on it
Attached Images