RCU Forums - View Single Post - its time to make my choice please help
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:21 AM
deanwesterburg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: its time to make my choice please help

That's Great! The CX is a great aid in getting the fundementals and getting started.

I personaly have a Raptor 30 V2 and it is great. I bought the ARF one since I was new to helicopters at the time and it flew great right out of the box.

I think the most important thing about what heli to by is Parts Availability.. After a while, the heli might be good still, but if you can't get parts your just one crash away from putting it in the Trash Can! This Happend to me with 2 previous hellis.. A Cricket and a Shuttle...

I hear a lot of people talk abut the TREX. My Local hobbie shop carrys all the Raptor stuff and Trex, but I think the Raptor is on it's way out.. I better stock up on parts!! I would strongly recommned you you at www.heliproz.com.. To work there, you must know how to fly a heli.. They are in it because they love it, not just to make a buck. They can help you decide and sometimes even talk you out of spending more money when not nessacary! I trust them..

BTW.. Flying the 30 sized gas is WAY easier than the Blade CP! I have both. The CP cost less to repair, but the Raptor is easier to fly and much smoother..