RCU Forums - View Single Post - Koveral Appication
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Koveral Appication

Hi
Well I m into the dopeing stage . I built myselve a sample rudder to start with . I gave the rudder three coats of nitrate . than preceded to apply the Koveral with thinner . When I got to putting on the second layer on the opposit side , at the top front and rear of the rudder I was getting bubbles ( air pockets ) is there any way of removing these air pockets ? . I also experamented with the heating iron , I was very careful about how much heat there was and how I applied it . WoW this is exactly what I was looking for . But like I said I m getting these air bubbles that I really don t like . It s when I go to overlap that I am haveing trouble . When I applied the iron on the Koveral it came out tight , I made sure that I didn t overheat it

Is there somethng that I am doing wrong ? or is it normal . Most likely it s something I m doing wrong If I apply the heating iron will this help ? Youre experience hear would be of great help I ve already applied the nitrate dope to the Koveral where it meets the frame work .

Thank You

Michel ( Mike ) [sm=drowning.gif][sm=drowning.gif]