RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why soooo many planes???
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 10:51 PM
monocoupe
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spouses and the hobby

Kevlar my friend...be very careful here! I had a girlfriend that questioned this hobby in the same way, and it got worse after we got married. While that wasn't the only thing that caused problems, it was indeed a big part of the marrage failing. It's who we are, it's how we find satisfaction and pleasure, and how we express ourselves. So, short of ridiculous or unreasonable spending of communal money, no person has the right to dictate how I spend my hobby money. For me, I just got tired of always having to justify everything I did, and every dollar I spent, not to mention enduring the never ending list of "things to do" to keep me out of the workshop, or away from the field. She just didn't get it...and she never will. I went out to get some beer one day, and I never never went back. That was the best thing I ever did!
I did re-marry but I was a little smarter this time! We both have our own hobbies, and fully support each others interests, and we're great friends as well. I consider myself pretty lucky these days.