RCU Forums - View Single Post - Motor/Brushes Issues
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Ca$hmoney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor/Brushes Issues

Yea a lathe would be a good investment for you.You can pick up a decent one with a diomond bit for like 200.

I will tell you this.There is a HUGE diffrence in trueing/turning/cutting and cleaning your comm.

IMHO <----------------------

Cleaning it rather then vutting is BAD.Heres why

Ok first off all.These motors are going in exxes of 30,000RPMs and thats a stocker.Your KMD is probly turing 40,000RPM.Thats like 700 RPM a SECOND.Now when motor runn the brushes are pushing on each side of the comm.Now when the brushes start digging in the brushes are making un even grooves.Its just going to get worse and worse as it gets worse...know what im saying?

Alot of un experianced people think im a retard for cutting inbetween heats.Cheak this out though.

It takes me 1-2 passes MAX and it perfectly true again.When a com is true and the brushes are in good shape, everything goes smooth.It only take a tiny flaw and it will chew the comm up.

So back why it bad to clean rather then cut....

Now when you clean the comm.Your just taking the burn off of it.Thats it.Its still going to be out of wack.Only this time around, the brushes have a nice new clean surface to tear up.You just made it easyer to tear into.

I can get a whole season off one arm and around 25-30 cutss.This is becuase its always perfect and smooth and gentle on everything.

Im kinda having a hard time explaining this.

I see alot of peaople who say "WHy cutt it soo much, your wasting all your comm" those are the peaople who get one cutt out of a arm.A out of true comm will deteriate like stepping stones.

My motors are ALWAYS the fastest on the track.And they only get faster as life goes on.This is becuase as more and more cuts go byt the diamater of the comm gets smaller and therfore the timeing gets avanced.

So I probly sound like a idiot.So main thought here is to keep it true, and new brushes and it will be fast.It will also live longer.