RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution 58GX - what RPM's should it turn?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:37 PM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 58GX - what RPM's should it turn?

Hello - Doug is it? I think you're a freind of Don Bright's? I heard about your son's awesome flying abilities from Frank Kelly today - and your super powerful 60cc ZDZ. Alas my flying is still in "early development" - I'll have been flying one year in September... got my wings, instructors, advanced wings and then started IMAC ... been practicing basic IMAC all summer and am now working on Sportsman. I have burned a heck of a LOT of gas this spring/summer!!

I'm flying Don Bright's old Extra 330L these days with the ZDZ80... tell Don the 330L is flying AWESOME after a bit of incidence re-trimming, quieter muffler and weight reduction... the Sukhoi is resting in the garage right now. I also have a GP Cap580 with a DA100 that will maiden tomorrow or maybe Friday... busy busy.

I never ran the 180 other than 3 break in tanks at 4000 - 600 RPM's. The Hobby WHolsale guys told me you'd adjusted the CAM. I ended up giving up glow as soon as I discovered GAS... that and I have contact dermatitus that is very aggrivated by glow fuel. The 33% Extra is my every day flyer now... 180 in a Showtime - cool. I have one with a 125 but I hardly fly it now - the fuse is not straight and the 125 doesn't pull it near as well as advertised even on 30%... it will likely be sold this winter and I need to settle on just a couple of planes and stop jumping around so much HA HA. I got the bug bad ... but on the plus side I have now flow about every type of plane out there other than jets.

I don't fly 3D yet... I do the odd hover up high for fun and maybe a flat spin every now and then but mostly I'm trying to fly precision and get the basics down pat. Maybe in a couple of years once I can fly normal rollers and such I'll move on to 3D.

Unfortunately I'll be away during the Great Western Fun Fly... in the Suswap. I was planing to attend the Kelowna IMAC but we're only in the interior for 1 week and it will take away too much family time - plus I just haven't practiced enough the past few weeks.

Maybe we can get some kind of aerobatics going here next year? ... Pattern is okay but I like the giant scale IMAC stuff better. I fly at Cap City and Meridian. I know of 3 or 4 other folks who'd like to see some kind of friendly competition. PM/email me if you'd like. Cap City are having a fun fly in September and I'll likely attend Don's corn roast as well.