RCU Forums - View Single Post - My 757 jetliner.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 04:35 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My 757 jetliner.

I did one of those conversions of the free flight glider of the United Airlines 757. I put two EDF50's on it. I was powering the plane with a 6 cell 800mah nicd pack, control was from Ciruss MXr4 Rx two hs-55 and a 15 amp ESC. After getting it ready for flight it weighted in at 16 Oz on the nose. It was heavyer then I wanted.

First flight was not too bad. It flew for about 20 seconds until it landed in a bush. It was way out of trim so I adjusted the linkage and topped off the battery.

Second flight was longer but ended the same way and this time I ripped off both fans.

Repaired the fans, changed ESC's to a lighter 10 amp one and switched to a 8 cell 720 nimh pack. This setup seemed to be 1/2 once lighter with more power to the fans.

Third flight was really good. I threw it and it just zoooooooommmmmmedd off and away. I started to gain altitiude. I was suprised that it turned like a fighter. After about 5 minutes of flying I was thinking about landing when one of the impellers flew off and I had only one fan turning. I shut the throttle down and tried to get it back on the runway. No go. I slammed it into the ground and tore the fans off again.

I just need to get a new fan impeller and I will be up in the air again. It was a lot of fun trying to get this thing built.

Dru.