RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lemon.
Thread: Lemon.
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Dannn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon.

I purchased the IRC Vulcan for 200 dollars from my LHS i got it home and broke it in and it ran perfect. I took it out to drive for a little bit and the car rolled over with the body on and stripped a spur. I didnt understand why so i called my lhs and the owner nicley told me to come in and he would give me one for free. I went the next day and got it. I had the car for the 2nd day and i was out driving on a dirt road near my dads house, i was having all kinds of fun just sliding around on a flat surface, i noticed the rear tires werent spinning when i took off. I brought it in and it had stripped the rear diff, just from up and down the dirt road and sliding around. Luckily i had 2 spare diffs that came with the car so i quickly switched the bad diff out with the good diff. I was soon back on the road. I went to dinner and came back home, me and my friend set up a small foot high jump and i was having fun jumping it around and i was jumping properly, letting off the gas just before hitting the top of the jump so the motor wouldnt over rev and strip the spur. After jumping a few times i drove it down the street and brought it in due to hearing a clicking noise. Looking closely i stripped 2 teeth out of the spur, i drove it around and ended up spitting out another spur gear. I tried to take it back to my lhs and they do not return nitro cars so i was stuck. I bought 2 more spur gears which were revised and fatter and i adjusted the gear mesh and havent had a problem scince. I took around my house a few times and the car got stuck WOT and took off but luckily ran out of gas. It took me 15 minutes with wd40 brake away and 10w30 motor oil to get the throttle to quit sticking. I noticed the clicking noise again and brought it in and the front diff had gone. I changed it out and that was all set and fine again. Driving it around the rear started clicking again so i took it in very frusterated because its very very hard to work on a car that has fuel and gunk all over it due to the bearing on the motor leaking. I interchanged the gears in the diffs so i had a perfect diff all set and straight. I noticed that the front tires were slicks now from driving it on pavement and the rears were just about gone. I adjusted my rear tires so they were slanted vertically in at the bottom. I decided to take it bashing with my friend who has a revo 3.3. The spot we were at was mainly flat dirt with some weeds and it was just fun to have a dust trail while driving and sliding around. All of a sudden the car would bareley move, i stripped out yet another rear diff and a front diff. I am fed up with this car and really think that IRC should go through and fix its flaws before selling this product with so many problems. I dont even have a quarter gallon through it and its doing this? I belive this product is a lemon and should be revised. I will not buy anything for this car untill it is revised and fixed, i am not wasting my money just to break more parts on a car that i thought would be awesome due to its size. Now my trans gears are about shot and i have lost a rear dogbone somehow (broken in half?) so now its going to cost a 14 year old kid 37 dollars just to get the car running again. I spent all the money from selling my PSP on this car and i am very very upset with its quality. IRC is there anything you will do about this as far as a warrenty on the parts like replacing them? I am close to selling the thing on ebay just because i cant afford to keep replacing parts. So any help would be greatly appreciated with this car. I was told tha tmetal diffs were supposed to be coming out, i havent seen any at all.

Thanks,
Dan