RCU Forums - View Single Post - New pilot needs advice.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
esc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New pilot needs advice.

Hi Jack,

Nice to hear from you, I was beginning to wonder if I was wearing the wrong deodorant

I have not yet received my Ultra RC 3-D Buddy Cap 232, so an AUW is difficult to assess. I have read posts on this forum that question the manufacturer's figures about the weight of this plane.

I have ordered the exact same motor, gearbox, propeller and ESC combination specified by Ultra RC. However, they list a 1500mAh battery pack with dimensions and weight that I could not find anywhere in the world and is out of stock, so I opted for the TP 1320's because they were lighter and seemed a good compromise on size, weight and capacity. The prop that Ultra RC supply is a 10 x4.7. It seems to perform very well in their video's. I made a mistake in my post - the motor is an ATPro iX Series 20L-4200.

The specs on this motor are:

Turns: 19T
Voltage: 7-10 cells
2-3 Li-poly
KV: 4200 RPM/V
Internal resistance: 112
Max. Efficiency: 78%
Max. Eff. Current: 5-10A
Shaft Dia: 2.3 (2.0)mm
Shaft Length: 10 mm
Motor size (mm): Dia22 x L36
Weight: 53g

I actually bought two 3D Buddies, the second one is a Katana. It is this one that I would like to experiment with and try an outrunner direct drive motor on. As I am quite new to electrics I don't know much about motor/propeller combinations, what will work and what won't, so I am throwing this question open to anyone with experience of this type of set up. I am not really interested in a tame plane, I want unlimited vertical performance. What do you suggest guys?

Thanks,

Dave