RCU Forums - View Single Post - AIR HOGS HELIX
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Caman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIR HOGS HELIX

Hey, Micro Builder,

I purchased a Air Hogs Helix Pro a few weeks ago and I think it's a awesome. The Control is great and I caught on to the heli much faster than my Century HummingBird V4. By the end of the Night I was flying down Aisles through obstacle courses and random landing pads. I would recommend this Heli for all. My only Con is the Li-Po battery got swollen on me after probably 50+ flights. I took the Heli apart and examined it. I was able to get a very small charge on the battery and the heli does fly better without the body. It noticeably has more thrust for so little charge the battery will take. I re-balanced the chopper with a Ka-Bob Stick for a tail and some E-Tape. I have been looking for diff 1 Cell 3.7v Li-Po batteries on the net and found a few. I was going to Mod some Adapters on the Heli to make Inter-changable batteries a possibility. It seems simple enough. I have the DuraTraxx Ice Competition charger so I have no problem using any Li or Ni batteries. I wanna know if someone has already modded a new battery in?