RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant+ Bomber field
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 04:44 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rant+ Bomber field

just got home from bomber and saw this post. i have been at bomber flying since thursday. i think bb abd the crew put on as good of show as possible under the circumstances. i flew around 30 flights and never encountered any flightline issues. true, on saturday,, the line to fly at each station was up to 3 deep in the heat of the action. but i just set my plane in line and BSed until it was my turn. as for the dogs wondering around, it is true, a neighbor to bomber has 3 old labs that just wonder around. after all it is the country the rest of the year. they are harmless and just lay around. i guess it easier for bb to tolerate a neighbor and his dogs than to cause a feud that could jeopardize future events. there was one other dog belonging to a member and it was mostly by his side (and a small old dog by the way) and lastly there was my dog on a leash in her bed by my model (a seven pound papilion). i guess the long story short here is, you have a club who love the hobby, love scale, bust there rump to put on an event to promote the hobby and this is the thanks they get. some just expect too much. there is no utopia in the world. there were no shoot downs, no mid airs, no wait to land. were there to many transmitters checked out at one time, probably, and when this was brought to the attention of the men running the event, they shut down the flightline and accounted for all the radios. i had a great time and cant wait for next year. i also hope to see everyone back next year. barry raborn