RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant+ Bomber field
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 10:27 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rant+ Bomber field

I have to side with the less than positive posts; I have been to Bomber 3 times 2003, 2004 and 2006; 2003 was the best and it has been progressively worse; the flight line did appear to be in chaos at times; too often there were periods when no planes were in the air; it would seem that when one lands, another could be taking off; took a friend with me this year as he has never gone before; told him about the Bear and the opportunity to see 5 B-17's in the air at once; neither happened; the Bear was hanging in the Hanger, and only saw one B-17 in the air at any time; the same flew a few times but not when others were in the air at the same time; in past years there were about 8 B-17's in the pits, I only saw 4, although I saw 2 in a trailer; the annoucer had little to no knowledge of aircraft, often incorrectly naming the aircraft, calling a F-16 a F-4, 1930's plane as being from 1800's, etc. they ran out of bottled water; was disappointed at the raffle; I was looking forward to a B-17, kept my $10; a lot of ARF's, and some planes that flew I question if they met the 80" mono wingspan; with that being said I could have entered a heavily modified H9 60 size P-47 ARF that I put together; the Full size Aircraft flying was nice, but I came to see RC Aircraft, the only saving part of the show were the vendors, got a good deal on a plane from Cedar Hobbies, great price on some batteries and servo extensions from E-Power RC and some great info from VQ Models, did I miss anything., sorry for the rant.

I would like to connect with the guys that have a KMP B-25, there were 2 at Bomber this year and I am interested in getting one, if you know any of them please direct them my way. Thanks