RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant+ Bomber field
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rant+ Bomber field

ORIGINAL: kram-RCU

SHAMELESS PROMOTIONAL POST: (but all in good fun)

Aren't ya'll sorry you didn't attend instead, the Midwest Multi-Engine Fly, in Ames, Iowa Sept. 16??

Actually No. The reports above are mostly blown out of proportion. As for the radio problem, I understand, all the transmitters that were out had their freq pin, and when you have 5 flight lines, 3 pilots deep, you account for 15 transmitters right there. Add a little maintenance and then a couple pilots who forget to return their pin, & it's easy to get a few more. That was also an isolated incident.
As for no B-17 raffle, if someone would like to step up and donate their time to build one for them, I am sure they will raffle it off next year. All the ones in past were were built by volunteer labor.
And when there were no planes in the air, that would have been a perfect time for you, or members of your group to fly. And as far as being smaller than in the past, I ask, "where would you put anymore?" The pits were packed full.
Take it from someone who was there for 6 days, it was the best show within a 1000 miles, or maybe more, and even though it was as hot as I have ever experienced it there, it was just as good as in the past.
Thanks to all pilots and personel who make it possible for me to participate.