RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant+ Bomber field
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rant+ Bomber field

Barry,

I'm sure you don't remember me but we used to fly together when I still flew at Scobee.

I understand your defense of the bomber gang, your in tight and get to pit your models at the tables in the shade, by the way that is a very impressive F-84. I don't have much faith in constructive criticism bringing about positive changes. I participated in my first Bomber field fly in in the mid 90's. It was a great experience. My visit will be my last. I am not blaming anyone for the heat. I am blaming the organizers for not have any control of the crowds wandering around the pit area. They continually announced on the loudspeakers for spectators to leave the pit area and the spectators continually ignored them. Having to worry if someones kids are going to trip over or snap off an antena on your model isn't any fun. I also think small animals and spinning props should not be in proximity to one another.

I was happy to by a raffle ticket for the model raffled.

My over all impression is that this event has gotten too big and it seems it is put on more for the spectators than the modelers. I think its a bargin for the admission as a spectator. I think the modeler who shows up with a nice giant scale airplane to fly and pays his $20 is being abused. This is just my opinion and my opinion and my model and my $20 will stay home next year. I have been to a lot of flyins and contests, there are always bumps in the road. I have always felt that at other events the bumps were smothed out.

Again sorry for the rant, but I do feel better now.

Dave