RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant+ Bomber field
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rant+ Bomber field

dave, we should fly together again. where do you fly. also, sometimes perception is not reality. it looks as if i get special treatment because i had a pit table. this is not true. i arrive at 5:30 am on thursday to get that spot. one year i brought a canopy and pitted with everyone else. however a rain and wind storm showed up and i quickly realized some do not anchor their canopies, as one nailed my mig and went through paul richthaumer's j1 standard. i wasnt to happy with my fellow modelors that were to lazy to fasten down their canopies, so i decided to go back to the permenat pits and take my chances with the public. i have never had any spectators damage one of my models and i pit in an area that is open to them. i find it fun talking models with people interested in models. i even went so far as to ask bb weber last year if i could pay for table space and reserve it, he said no that wouldnt be fair to the rest. so i have always arrived before the sun comes up to get a good pit space. i can see others thinking old barry has a deal for that pit space, but in reality i am there before most people even wake up and once i did battle with an early morning snake for that pit space, he decided to move on. guys, this is a small club, of which i am not a member of, that does hold a pretty darn good event for this area. they welcome other members and volunteers. it is correct, most members are over 70 years of age. give them some credit and maybe a helping hand or a little moral support. i go to a lot of fly ins, and sure there are issues with each one in some way, but i am thankful for their effort and i just roll with the flow and have a good time, unless of course things are dangerous. happy flying, barry