RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rant+ Bomber field
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 06:13 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rant+ Bomber field

Barry,

Every time I saw your dog, it was in its basket or on a lease. There were a few lab mix dogs just wandering around. My last retriever would beg to go to the field and was well behaved, but I always had some kind of restraint on him to prevent his encountering a spinning prop. The dogs never seemed to get close to trouble, but with the dogs and every one else just walking around( I did have to ask a kid who started playnig with the static prop from my P-47 to put it down)in the pits it seemed over the top and out of control.

I also applaud your dedication for getting there early enough for a prime pit spot. I am not trying to run down the crew at bomber field. I have realized that the event is put on for the spectators who have paid to get in. I prefer the type of events that have fewer spectators and are more set up for modelers. I guess I am saying I would rather be a small fish in a small pond then a tiny fish in a huge pond. My memories of past fly ins at bomber are better then recent experiences. I hope the event continues, it is just not my thing.

Regards,

Dave