RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aaaargghhhh: some dust into my carb...!!! Need help..
Old 09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aaaargghhhh: some dust into my carb...!!! Need help..

1) Yup... Any amount of dust or dirt, will caus compression loss on a motor. Assuming you ran, or attempted to run, while the dirt/dust was inside. Imagine the piston moving up and down, and sanding the piston and sleeve for ya.

2) Anytime you notice dirt, or dust in the engine, i think its a safe practice to remove the back plate, head, and carb. Spray it out real good with motor spray, and hope for the best.

3) Motor saver filters are over rated. Use a good 2 stage foam filter. With the inner filter oiled. Those screen filters scare me. Especially the motor savers. The kinds i've used in the past, have the typical inner foam, with an end foam piece. Leaving a pieced together filter inside that screen. Which i dont like. With that said, your problem might not be the filter. Many people use those, and dont complain. Your habit of changing the filter every 10 minutes may be the problem. You are basically opening up your motor to dirt and dust every 10 minutes.