RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carolina Crew Decisions
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 03:48 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Carolina Crew Decisions

I don't know if I'm officially one of the CC (although I certainly want to be), but I'll throw in my feelings on the subject.

I like the idea of a single, specified planform/wing area/tail moment outline with a minimum weight rule (if the wing area/planform isn't fixed then it could be a minimum wing loading). As RLF suggested it could be built-up, solid sheet or foam, as long as the plane doesn't weigh less than X ozs.

This is how some other competition classes define legal planes and it does two things. It provides leeway for construction preferences (cutting ribs and breathing dope are probably the main reasons why I fly r/c) and still controls or limits a model's performance somewhat. As for engines, I agree that the reedies seemed pretty unreliable yesterday. Planes were getting launched three or four minutes apart. Availablity plays a big part in this, for me anyway. I'd like to see it limited to an engine or engines that are currently available and reasonable affordable (under $60, preferably under $50).

Thank,
David