RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution 58GX - what RPM's should it turn?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 PM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 58GX - what RPM's should it turn?

ORIGINAL: andyt

Thats strange mine just came back after doing exactly the same thing. Gasket blew out.
Hmmm, now I am starting to worry. When I got ready to land my Oracle Challenger yesterday, it would not idle down for landing ... and even the choke would not kill the engine. Luckily we have a 750+ feet long grass runway so I was able to set it down and let the wheel pants and long grass do what they do best I was able to slow it down enough to start a sweeping turn and a friend ran out and grabbed the plane while I fishtailed it to keep the speed down [:'(] I thought my choke/throttle servo tray had vibrated loose and was turning the bipe over to pull the bottom wing. I noticed a "piece of paper" next to the muffler and thought I had just picked up some trash from the runway [] Nope, it was gasket material. After pulling the engine, the entire rear section of the gasket is gone and both sides have gasket sticking out around base/cyl bolts.

Has anybody heard what is actually causing this? I hate to just replace the gasket and "hope it doesn't happen again". I really don't want to loose a plane because of a known issue.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21863.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	538145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73342.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	538146   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26190.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	355.6 KB