RCU Forums - View Single Post - EZ start motor prong snapped, how to fix?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZ start motor prong snapped, how to fix?

I stand corrected, as Webster's does upgrade definitions as time changes....and the American version of English is full of contradictions....next time I go to the Auto Parts store I'll be sure to ask for a new starter "engine" for my truck, or ask the elevator repairman about the elevator engines.....or maybe I'll go buy a washing machine engine for the wife's MayTag...
The definitions were quite diferent and very specific when I went to school....guess maybe I should start checking webster's before answerring tech questions...sure would hate to tell it wrong.

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I know that I probably shouldn't really start this but I cannot help myself....
If you look up motor and engine in your trusty Websters you'll find that there really is very little distinction between the two terms. And, if one wanted to be picky, the definition of motor is actually a closer description of an internal combustion device rather than an electrically powered one.
The idea that a motor is electrically powered and an engine is internial combustion is an artificial designation that does not hold up to inspection.
Besides, when was the last time you called a Harley an Enginecycle??

I agree though, replacing the ezstart motor is the easiest, best and most reliable repair.

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

What I'm saying is since the electrical terminal broke off the electric starter MOTOR, and he has not got the tools to attempt a proper repair, he should replace the electric starter MOTOR.
Probably confusing since 99% of the people on this board think our trucks are powerred by a "motor." But internal combustion power plants are ENGINES, electrically powered power plants are MOTORS.

So.... "...no solderring equipment, get a new motor." Petty simple, but an effective repair to the EZ start, nontheless.

ORIGINAL: aznherb36

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

No solderring equipment, get a new motor.
what are you saying here?