Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

EZ start motor prong snapped, how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ start motor prong snapped, how to fix?

i dont even know how it happened but i have my first race tomorrow, whats the easiest way to fix it, and i dont have a sodering gun
Old 10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: EZ start motor prong snapped, how to fix?

No solderring equipment, get a new motor.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
aznherb36

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

what are you saying here?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
SG16

Your gonna have to either get anew EZ-start motor or hold the contact down to the remaining part of the prong when starting. I would say, go get a soldering gun at your local hard ware store, it will help you more than once.

SG
Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Indecline099

well for the time being ill just hold them together to start her up
Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
aznherb36

yeah, get a solder kit. IF you are really stumped, strip it to the wire and put it through the little holes.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:09 PM
beelzebubishere

What I'm saying is since the electrical terminal broke off the electric starter MOTOR, and he has not got the tools to attempt a proper repair, he should replace the electric starter MOTOR.
Probably confusing since 99% of the people on this board think our trucks are powerred by a "motor." But internal combustion power plants are ENGINES, electrically powered power plants are MOTORS.

So.... "...no solderring equipment, get a new motor." Petty simple, but an effective repair to the EZ start, nontheless.

ORIGINAL: aznherb36

Old 10-12-2006, 08:36 PM
DaveG55

I know that I probably shouldn't really start this but I cannot help myself....
If you look up motor and engine in your trusty Websters you'll find that there really is very little distinction between the two terms. And, if one wanted to be picky, the definition of motor is actually a closer description of an internal combustion device rather than an electrically powered one.
The idea that a motor is electrically powered and an engine is internial combustion is an artificial designation that does not hold up to inspection.
Besides, when was the last time you called a Harley an Enginecycle??

I agree though, replacing the ezstart motor is the easiest, best and most reliable repair.

What I'm saying is since the electrical terminal broke off the electric starter MOTOR, and he has not got the tools to attempt a proper repair, he should replace the electric starter MOTOR.
Probably confusing since 99% of the people on this board think our trucks are powerred by a "motor." But internal combustion power plants are ENGINES, electrically powered power plants are MOTORS.

So.... "...no solderring equipment, get a new motor." Petty simple, but an effective repair to the EZ start, nontheless.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
aznherb36

its not that...

all you said was

no soldering kit, get a new motor.

so i was wonder did he mean IF he had no soldering kit, get a new motor, or dont use a soldering kit, just get a new motor.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
beelzebubishere

ID099's original post said "...and i dont have a sodering gun "

To me that mean's he did not have a solderring, gun, iron, kit, or anything with which to make any repairs which would require solderring.....
How simple do you need it, he said what was broke, showed a pic of what was broke, and stated what he didn't have to effect any repairs.....

its not that...

all you said was

no soldering kit, get a new motor.

so i was wonder did he mean IF he had no soldering kit, get a new motor, or dont use a soldering kit, just get a new motor.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
beelzebubishere

I stand corrected, as Webster's does upgrade definitions as time changes....and the American version of English is full of contradictions....next time I go to the Auto Parts store I'll be sure to ask for a new starter "engine" for my truck, or ask the elevator repairman about the elevator engines.....or maybe I'll go buy a washing machine engine for the wife's MayTag...
The definitions were quite diferent and very specific when I went to school....guess maybe I should start checking webster's before answerring tech questions...sure would hate to tell it wrong.

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I know that I probably shouldn't really start this but I cannot help myself....
If you look up motor and engine in your trusty Websters you'll find that there really is very little distinction between the two terms. And, if one wanted to be picky, the definition of motor is actually a closer description of an internal combustion device rather than an electrically powered one.
The idea that a motor is electrically powered and an engine is internial combustion is an artificial designation that does not hold up to inspection.
Besides, when was the last time you called a Harley an Enginecycle??

I agree though, replacing the ezstart motor is the easiest, best and most reliable repair.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:14 PM
aznherb36

i guess i skipped the few last words
Old 10-12-2006, 09:16 PM
DaveG55

I stand corrected, as Webster's does upgrade definitions as time changes....and the American version of English is full of contradictions....next time I go to the Auto Parts store I'll be sure to ask for a new starter "engine" for my truck, or ask the elevator repairman about the elevator engines.....or maybe I'll go buy a washing machine engine for the wife's MayTag...
The definitions were quite diferent and very specific when I went to school....guess maybe I should start checking webster's before answerring tech questions...sure would hate to tell it wrong.

I really hope you're not upset. That was not my intent. Just pulling your leg a bit.....
And pointing out that motor and engine can be synomous. Not that they always are but they can be.
Why would you be buying a new motor for you wife's MayTag? I thought those things were susposed to run forever.. At least that's what their comercials would have you believe

Oh, and I think we probably went to school around the same time.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:49 AM
beelzebubishere

No, hell no, not upset Dave....well maybe a little, but with WEBSTER's. Have you noticed in the last few years how slang has taken up prominence in the dictionary? and how some definitions are being combined, not from fact, but from the general public's usage....motor/engine as a case in point. and it started in the USA all the way back in the early 20th century, with mis-nomers such as motorcycle.....
I guess my brothers techie background with engines sorta rubbed off.... I remember a guy pulled up to the shop one day, and said he "....had a motor he wanted dyno-ed." My Bro never batted an eye, and jotted an address down on a slip of paper, handed it to the guy, and told him the G.E. factory was 500 miles down the road....only place on the East Coast he knew of that dyno-ed motors!
Me and half a dozen other guys laughed so hard we hurt......

Seriously, no prob.

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I really hope you're not upset. That was not my intent. Just pulling your leg a bit.....
And pointing out that motor and engine can be synomous. Not that they always are but they can be.
Why would you be buying a new motor for you wife's MayTag? I thought those things were susposed to run forever.. At least that's what their comercials would have you believe

Oh, and I think we probably went to school around the same time.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:00 AM
mrjerryk

If you are racing your truck you should think about pulling the EZ-Start off the truck and getting a pullstart. Saves weight.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:17 AM
125cchyperman

No, hell no, not upset Dave....well maybe a little, but with WEBSTER's. Have you noticed in the last few years how slang has taken up prominence in the dictionary? and how some definitions are being combined, not from fact, but from the general public's usage....motor/engine as a case in point. and it started in the USA all the way back in the early 20th century, with mis-nomers such as motorcycle.....
I guess my brothers techie background with engines sorta rubbed off.... I remember a guy pulled up to the shop one day, and said he "....had a motor he wanted dyno-ed." My Bro never batted an eye, and jotted an address down on a slip of paper, handed it to the guy, and told him the G.E. factory was 500 miles down the road....only place on the East Coast he knew of that dyno-ed motors!
Me and half a dozen other guys laughed so hard we hurt......

Seriously, no prob.

Yeah I have also noticed that. It begs to ask why is Detroit called Motor city and not Engine city. Yeah they are based on what the normal everyday average person calls it, or how they interpert it. But ohh well I guess we have to adapt and overcome these little hurdles. I still call it a electric motor and a internal combustion enigne's, even though I'm pretty young but we live in a place where we are slow to adapt to things. But ohh well thats Good old Lancaster County PA for ya.