RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuel %, spark plug needs for T-Maxx 3.3
Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Compstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel %, spark plug needs for T-Maxx 3.3

I'm a newbie in the R/C stuff, and I just picked up a slightly used T-Maxx 3.3 from a guy for a steal. He's put a big fat cooling head on it and a better filter setup. It's still running the stock exhaust. In the last 2 days of ownership, MAN these things are high maintenance, but I enjoy it. Found a broken head bolt and fixed that problem. Runs much better now.

I have no clue what size plug he's running in it now. There are no stampings or identification of any sort on the plug. He gave me an extra plug (new in package), and it's an MC-59 plug. This plug is a tad longer than the plug that's currently in the engine. Now I know that longer/shorter plugs are colder/hotter. What's the best type of plug to run w/ 20% Nitro?

What if I want to buy a 30% nitro or higher, will I need a different size plug? I did read that with higher levels of Nitro you want to raise the thickness of your head gaskets. I've ordered a set of gaskets for this.

Anyone have some good advice for a newbie or got a good link where I can get my fuel/spark plug answers?

Oh yeah, and does anyone use anything other than blue locktite on certain items in the car? I used red for the head bolts...

TIA

- Brent