RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multiplex Twin Jet Accesories
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Kensonic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex Twin Jet Accesories

I just setup my twin Jet with two Warp 4 BL4-15-5 (5-turn speed 400 sized inrunner) using two Castle Creations Thunderbird 18 Brushless speed controllers and 2 -2100 mAh 3S Lipo batteries. The Thunderbirds work great and they keep the cost down to go with two brushless motors. I added carbon fiber strips around the outside of the foam motor mounts and used 2 Master Airscrew 6x4 3-blade propellers. With the Master 3 blades I was able to get a normal and a pusher version of these props and then run the 2 motors opposite so as to cancel out the torque. On a brushless motor you can reverse the rotation by swapping two of the control wires and there is no efficiency loss. This works great as there is NO tendency to rotate on launch due to prop torque. I went for thrust and not speed, so my tops out at 50 Miles Per Hour, but it can really climb. This setup draws about 11.6 Amps per motor which is no problem for the motors, ESCs, or batteries. After a flight everything is cool. After a typical flight of 8-10 minutes, I have only used about 1000 mAh from each battery (1/2 of the capacity)! Its very stable, needs just a normal toss to get airborne and lands very slowly. A good way to start with a delta. You can change the motor/prop combination to get insane speed, but I wanted something that was still flyable in a soccer field.