RCU Forums - View Single Post - Concensus on the Aquacraft Paradise?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Templus_Catticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concensus on the Aquacraft Paradise?

Ahoy Jan and hpiguy:

I agree that in spite of its small size the Micro Magic must be a first class boat. I have read nothing but praises for this little craft on this and other forums.

The Micro Magic is a kit but it is stressed (like the V3 here in the U.S.) that it is an easy kit for the beginner. I almost bought one myself...the only thing that stopped me was that here in Cincinnati the clubs run the CR-914 (a little pricey and not a good kit for a beginner), the Soling 1-meter (a boat that seems to need a lot of modification and extra cash put in to her to sail really well...they even say you need a special jig tool to set the keel properly) and the Vic-32.

The Micro Magic is affordable in the U.S. (about $170.00) though with elecronics etc. you are probably going to wind up spending near $250.00 U.S. dollars.

The Micro Magic does not (yet) have a big following in the U.S. club wise...but if you are not worried about getting into the racing end of sailing in the future and can afford the little extra cash she sounds like a proven performer. ~TC