RCU Forums - View Single Post - Speed Freaks Wanted- Over 200 Members already !
Old 10-29-2006, 05:27 AM
smokingtommy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speed Freaks Wanted- Over 150 Members already !

ok the speed plane i is very very light we felt that we would like to stay in the 40 size range of stock engines as it would be more of a challange to get to the 200mph mark so as a starting of point we have gone with a ASP 40 yes we could of got a much more powerfull engine and im shore some will say its not possible but we are happy with the way we have gone and it will be cool if we can hit the mark but most of all it will be fun trying as a staring point for the test flight we have gone with a 10"prop with a apc 9-6 and a 8-6 in the tool bag and we are starting of with a good 10% fuel and we will be uping that to but as alway we do like to keep safty in mind we are running a fail safe and need to get used to her first with keeping in a tite box etc lol if we do lose her im dame shore im getting my pipe back unless its gone of in the distance and hits some 6ft tall and wide blokes car humm i mite have to think about that one so when we get a good day ill let you know of the out come .And as to the fighters why did we not make a spit lol come on who in there right mind would want to build one of them horrible things [:'(] we only put 1" of diehedrel on them we wanted to keep them fast and with some sort of scale flying caritoristric like doing nice barrel rolls and turns they should be fun and yes that is a western 25 and man it dose have some pull it will go vertical the pipe kicks in at about halfstick and im shore it will become a beast when it dose maybe just alittle over powered for a 40" wingspan you do have a nice set up on your magnum and i bet it did indeed cost a prity penny but im shore its worth it there is no other worse feeling in loseing a plane due to a por set up and having to spend a week kicking yourself thinking if only i had done this or that