RCU Forums - View Single Post - To Build or Not To Build; That is the Question.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Jackster00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To Build or Not To Build; That is the Question.

Yeah, Charlie. With "ugly" you have a point there.
I had a question with the G.P. Easy Sport 40, which comes as an ARF or a kit. Which should I do? Build the kit which cost $40 less or simply buy the ARF, which cost $120? I LOVE to build, but considering the price difference, it's cheaper to just buy the ARF. Damn, why is the ARF so cheap? After adding the cost of the covering material and the hardware, wheels, etc. the kit costs more, plus, the ARF'S already built for you! A no brainer in this case. Why not buy the ARF if this plane turns you on, and build something else you can't get in an ARF? Something exotic, like you know, something that you can't even get in an ARF or a kit? I'm considering for my winter project, a 25-size, stick-built Fokker D VII. I can't find it anywhere in a kit for that size. I love that plane, and have a Saito 30 I can slip right in. A real authentic plane and smaller than you'll find. I guarantee you'll get lots of questions and interest from fellow modelers at your field AND have lots of fun building it on these cold nights (days) coming up. Just a suggestion.
Jackster