RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trying to decide on plane or helicopter
Old 11-06-2006, 04:48 AM
jez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trying to decide on plane or helicopter

hi..
there are a few cheep helis that might suit you but they wont be as good as say a raptor or similar.
i was given a LMH corona heli as i was teaching a friend to fly helis with his heli (which is the LMH ) but he just didnt have enough time for it so he said i could have it..

they are a simple set of mechanics and when you look at it you would be highly doubtful that the thing could fly but when i got it up in the air the 1st time i was well amazed that some thing so cheep and simple could fly quite as nice as it did..

true to say they dont fly as good as my raptors or varios but these go reasonably cheep on ebay in germany and i assume USA too..but they will teach you some more basics with nitro helis..
they are great in that they can take loads of punishment with crashes.. you should have seen some of the crashes my friend had while he had the sticks and mostly all we had to do was to straiten a couple of things and reconnect ball links ect..only one time though the main tooth gear was missing some teeth but that was it ..if you do choose this path though these arent really a 3d machine at least the nitro one (tho the electric ones look pretty good i think and will do it )plus if you did get one then id recommended you buy the new version novel engine with it as the versions before can be a head ache to keep running but they arnt imposable to keep running..
you can also buy a few scale fuselages for them and i will do this too when i get the newer version engine i think..

they arent say a perfect answer to what your looking for but for cheapness and a nitro heli they are quite good plus you dont need a computer radio but only need a small amount of equipment (a glo start, 12v batt and starter )..when you get happier with the hobby then simply either buy a scale fuselage for it or sell it again...
but if you can afford it i would still put my money to wards a raptor 30 and all the electrics you need ect..