RCU Forums - View Single Post - CEN #2 Thread...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
LS7505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN #2 Thread...

Hey everyone

WOW! I honestly cannot believe how much this has blown up. It’s also hard to believe this thread got more feedback AND got it faster than ever in comparison to my original “My Comments on CEN” post. After the thread “My Comments on CEN” was locked, I purposely didn’t repost it the next day. I figured I had attracted an immature forum member and would just let the hype die down before making “My Comments on CEN #2.” I also didn’t post the thread “My Comments on CEN #2” with the feeling that the original thread was locked because I violated CEN Racing’s TOS rules. I was under the impression it got locked because of a disorderly forum member posting inappropriate material. Having “My Comments on CEN #2” locked was utterly shocking to say the least. To be honest, I never expected something like this to come as a result of my review of CEN, but it is a good thing to discuss such issues. As many of you know, I was just giving fellow CEN owners and possible future CEN owners a review from my perspective and some of you picked up on the central reason for me writing such a lengthy assessment. I just wanted to help.

Now to comment on something of less importance, since I wasn’t planning on this happening. Like I’ve said before, I only planned on writing a non-bias review on things the way I saw them, but I feel commenting on what CEN wrote in response to “My Comments on CEN #2” is mandatory.

CEN, I was quite offended by what was said to me and I find it rather surprising that such comments came from such a popular, up-and-coming, and multi-million dollar corporation like yourselves. As I understand it from this part of your response,

“Even though you don't think/feel so, you are bashing us with your review, which we see as a personal flame on the company. We have spent millions of dollars to improve our image over the past 3 years and we can not allow individuals as yourself to destroy our hard work because of your bad experience. Please share them in a blog at myspace.com or go shoot aliens on Xbox360.”– CEN Racing

I discussed only the negative aspects of your products. I’m beginning to think you did not read my review closely enough, saw mostly negative concepts, and wrote it off as “bashing” or “a personal flame on the company” as you call it. If you read it closely and carefully, you will find I was VERY fair in what I wrote. As stated in my earlier threads, I wrote a review pointing out many negative issues with both the Nemesis and GST, but frankly many other frequent forum members have the same exact problems so this is most certainly not bashing or flaming the CEN brand name. In my write-up, you will find I gave credit where credit was due and was very open in doing so. I wrote my analysis with a polite, well-mannered, and educated tone but in return was treated like a child who would possibly “go shoot aliens on Xbox360” out of anger or rage. This brings up another crucial point. I was not angry whatsoever with anyone or anything and I thought I kept my calm exceptionally well with no bitterness intended. Also, I can tell you first hand that my review is not destroying your hard work, because not only did I buy a Nemesis and have issues with it, but I was a loyal customer and purchased a GST. Hopefully, there will be a peaceful resolve to all of this.

- LS7505