RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pro Boat Blackjack 55
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 AM
German Muscle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pro Boat Blackjack 55

ORIGINAL: Flabum

ORIGINAL: German Muscle

it uses the same hardware as the SW55SS. All of the pro boat hulls are made the same way which is apparently junk. All of their boats have a large peice of styrofoam on the inside of the deck.

I have heard they use the same hardware on alot of their stuff and it breaks. By now you would think they would have changed it. The styrofoam chunk is unsightly and prone to melt with gasoline, you would think they would at least seal it with a tin layer of glass or use 2 part foam.
The thing that really gets me about the boat though is the stringers...... there is not one stitch of glass holding them in, only an epoxy putty. After some pounding with tha boat or maybe just a few hard launches, that stringer setup will be hurting.

But.....it is a pretty boat on the outside......sort of like marrying the home comming queen just to find out she's a druggy.
ive seen and ran a extensively modified SW55SS. The hardware didnt break, infact the only drawback was constantly keeping both rudders straight. In the same boat there was no problems with the styrofoam melting, i dunno how gas can get to it honestly. the one i saw and ran had a 4 foot pool noodle stuffed in it for extra flotation. All Pro boats are like that with the stringers. they are just epoxied in there. From the boats ive seen there is no issue. the SW55SS had a full mod zen 26 and the hull construction never showed any problems. Im not saying this is a great way to do it. Fiberglassing them in is much better but if it holds up so be it. This is also how the hull in my PB SW36 is. It as well has a highly modified engine in it and ive seen zero problems. Like i said glassing it in would be much better but these are entry level boats that are RTR. Ive learned this as well as my friend because weve already maxed out the SW55SS and SW36 hull to its max.