Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Pro Boat Blackjack 55

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Pro Boat Blackjack 55

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
German Muscle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Boat Blackjack 55

dunno if you guys have seen this yet.

Latest from www.horizonhobby.com, www.proboatmodels.com

High Performance High Roller
Pro Boatâ„¢ Blackjackâ„¢ 55 RTR

For big-scale, ready-to-run nitro performance on the water, Pro Boat’s new Blackjack 55 beats the house. Equipped with Zenoah’s solid, powerful G26M marine engine and tuned exhaust, the Blackjack 55’s fiberglass catamaran hull carves high-speed turns and full-throttle straightaway runs with ease. Pro Boat’s unique combination clutch and water pump design let the Blackjack 55 idle safely for tuning without overheating, and the stainless steel dual rudder setup offers precise handling at any speed.

Length: 55 in (1397mm)
Beam: 17 in (432mm)
Radio: JR® XR3i FM
Engine: Zenoah® G-26M 2-cycle engine w/ tuned pipe

Part #: PRB2850
Available for $1099.99

Pro Boat is distributed exclusively by:
Horizon Hobby, Inc.
4105 Fieldstone Rd.
Champaign, IL 61822
(217) 352-1913
www.proboatmodels.com
Old 11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
TIA

Default RE: Pro Boat Blackjack 55

Beautiful boat!

Old 11-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Flabum

Yes, a good looking boat. I saw this boat up close and personal and I have to say what a PO*. the glass work is poor, the hull to deck joint spotty, the rudder link rod rubs the transom hole, the pipe has a spring on it in an attempt to center it in the hole thru the transom and fails miserably, the rudder is definately sub-standard, it has a chunk of styrofoam in the bow for floatation, the stringers and bulkheads are only epoxied to the hull....no glass at all and over all just looks cheap. For $1100 you could have a much nicer boat elsewhere.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:21 PM
saleens7

it looks good, but there will most likely be the same "proboat flaws"
Old 11-06-2006, 04:01 AM
German Muscle

ORIGINAL: Flabum

Yes, a good looking boat. I saw this boat up close and personal and I have to say what a PO*. the glass work is poor, the hull to deck joint spotty, the rudder link rod rubs the transom hole, the pipe has a spring on it in an attempt to center it in the hole thru the transom and fails miserably, the rudder is definately sub-standard, it has a chunk of styrofoam in the bow for floatation, the stringers and bulkheads are only epoxied to the hull....no glass at all and over all just looks cheap. For $1100 you could have a much nicer boat elsewhere.
I guess all Pro Boat boats suck according to you.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Flabum

Just giving my opinion on that boat, I didn't say all Proboats suck since I have not seen all Probats up close
Old 11-06-2006, 10:57 AM
TIA

German Muscle,

Flabum knows a bit about boats. He's just painfully honest thats all. I can appreciate that.

[8D]
Old 11-06-2006, 04:15 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

If the hardware used is the same as "All" other Proboat products, I'd forget about spending $1100.00 on it. It's too bad that whobbies doesn't make a cat...Ken.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:41 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

I second that it is a shame that warehouse hobbies dont make one maybe we need to push him a little
Old 11-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Flabum

There are plenty of good Cats out there. Yes it would be nice to see a WHH cat, but for now, I think a Blast Cat is a great all arond hull. You can get a new one for $300 and I bet you could easily get everything else needed to put it together for the remaining $800. But that's not the only choice.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:04 AM
German Muscle

it uses the same hardware as the SW55SS. All of the pro boat hulls are made the same way which is apparently junk. All of their boats have a large peice of styrofoam on the inside of the deck.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Flabum

ORIGINAL: German Muscle

it uses the same hardware as the SW55SS. All of the pro boat hulls are made the same way which is apparently junk. All of their boats have a large peice of styrofoam on the inside of the deck.

I have heard they use the same hardware on alot of their stuff and it breaks. By now you would think they would have changed it. The styrofoam chunk is unsightly and prone to melt with gasoline, you would think they would at least seal it with a tin layer of glass or use 2 part foam.
The thing that really gets me about the boat though is the stringers...... there is not one stitch of glass holding them in, only an epoxy putty. After some pounding with tha boat or maybe just a few hard launches, that stringer setup will be hurting.

But.....it is a pretty boat on the outside......sort of like marrying the home comming queen just to find out she's a druggy.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 AM
German Muscle

I have heard they use the same hardware on alot of their stuff and it breaks. By now you would think they would have changed it. The styrofoam chunk is unsightly and prone to melt with gasoline, you would think they would at least seal it with a tin layer of glass or use 2 part foam.
The thing that really gets me about the boat though is the stringers...... there is not one stitch of glass holding them in, only an epoxy putty. After some pounding with tha boat or maybe just a few hard launches, that stringer setup will be hurting.

But.....it is a pretty boat on the outside......sort of like marrying the home comming queen just to find out she's a druggy.
ive seen and ran a extensively modified SW55SS. The hardware didnt break, infact the only drawback was constantly keeping both rudders straight. In the same boat there was no problems with the styrofoam melting, i dunno how gas can get to it honestly. the one i saw and ran had a 4 foot pool noodle stuffed in it for extra flotation. All Pro boats are like that with the stringers. they are just epoxied in there. From the boats ive seen there is no issue. the SW55SS had a full mod zen 26 and the hull construction never showed any problems. Im not saying this is a great way to do it. Fiberglassing them in is much better but if it holds up so be it. This is also how the hull in my PB SW36 is. It as well has a highly modified engine in it and ive seen zero problems. Like i said glassing it in would be much better but these are entry level boats that are RTR. Ive learned this as well as my friend because weve already maxed out the SW55SS and SW36 hull to its max.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Flabum

Ok
Old 11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive seen and ran a extensively modified SW55SS. The hardware didnt break, infact the only drawback was constantly keeping both rudders straight. In the same boat there was no problems with the styrofoam melting, i dunno how gas can get to it honestly. the one i saw and ran had a 4 foot pool noodle stuffed in it for extra flotation. All Pro boats are like that with the stringers. they are just epoxied in there. From the boats ive seen there is no issue. the SW55SS had a full mod zen 26 and the hull construction never showed any problems. Im not saying this is a great way to do it. Fiberglassing them in is much better but if it holds up so be it. This is also how the hull in my PB SW36 is. It as well has a highly modified engine in it and ive seen zero problems. Like i said glassing it in would be much better but these are entry level boats that are RTR. Ive learned this as well as my friend because weve already maxed out the SW55SS and SW36 hull to its max.
Well what do you guy's think about this company and it's boats such as this one. I was gonna get the pro boat shockwave 55 but because of your comments I'am now having seconds thoughts on buying it. This will be a first boat for me and by the way German Muscle how fast was your friend's shockwave 55 before the modified Zen and after. Thanks

http://www.radiocontrol-2005.com/missbud26cc.htm
Attached Images        
Old 11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Davcruz
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I guess the point is that for $1100 you can do a bunch better than this new Pro Boat for an "entry level" boat. The real shame is that someone will go to the LHS and see this big nice looking boat and think that for $1100 they are really getting something nice, and what they are getting is sub par by the standards of the hobby.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Davcruz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Well what do you guy's think about this company and it's boats such as this one. I was gonna get the pro boat shockwave 55 but because of your comments I'am now having seconds thoughts on buying it. This will be a first boat for me and by the way German Muscle how fast was your friend's shockwave 55 before the modified Zen and after. Thanks

http://www.radiocontrol-2005.com/missbud26cc.htm
I think I would spend my money on the Pro Boat before I spent it on that one.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:38 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These pic's should come out BIGGER THAN THE ONE'S ABOVE.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92887.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	555882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25808.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	555883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17739.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	555884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23472.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	555885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys50534.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	555886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf50982.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	555887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja41438.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	555888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ac63608.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	555889  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ut67035.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	555890  
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
saleens7

i think the turning on the hydro might suffer, it doesent have a turn fin, so might have trouble staying in a tight turn.....
Old 11-07-2006, 04:52 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

You can tell by the slant plug on the engine that it's "low budget" minded. one more thing, what's with all the GIANT quotes? Ken.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Flabum

No comment have never seen the boat in person. I do agree with Saleens about the absence of a turn fin. Also, that hatch hold-down doesn't look too secure....those are cabinet latches.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 AM
jonnygofast15

WHAT SHOULD I BE EXTRA CAREFUL FOR ON A PRO BOAT BJ26
Old 11-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Flabum

ORIGINAL: jonnygofast15

WHAT SHOULD I BE EXTRA CAREFUL FOR ON A PRO BOAT BJ26
Can you start a new thread for this....also, that is a Nitro boat, wrong forum.