RCU Forums - View Single Post - How did we ever survive before CA glue?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 AM
NEVER-REST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How did we ever survive before CA glue?

Well heres a subject I can relate to imagine way back when using the old glues and flying free filight with silk and dope laying off for 25 odd years and then re-entering the model building fraternity. I was told all about the great joys of CA except how fast it sets on skin. needless to say I`m sure you can conjure up a picture of stuck together fingers and parts adhered to palms and not knowing that once all stuck together it is not going to come off the plan like in the old days of using butchers paper without first laying down a layer of cling wrap. CA has a lot going for it for tiny bits and difficult areas where those little spouts work wonders but as told I still like the old wood glues for durable strength. I mostly build scale and on the odd ocassion something for fun and out of the ordinary and like to keep my models for a long time and in good shape so up the old glue and also the new Ive learnt to use it now so the grey matter upstairs is not that tainted after all and have been able to master the use of a very fancy radio to fly the models what a great hobby and joyful past time. What ever never stop building its much better than the frustration of nothing to do!!!!!

Cheers for now