RCU Forums - View Single Post - What next after the Firebird Freedom?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 07:45 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What next after the Firebird Freedom?

Warhawk, if you read some of the other threads hear with basicaly the same question I think you will find the general consensus is that is a big step from the firebird, it sounds like you have the right idea in not wanting to destroy it right away. the problem is there are not a lot of RTF that are good to grow with that is in the intermediate stage, most of the good planes are ARF's
if you have the funds and or time to make the right step there are many good planes that are a good 2nd plane, the GWS formosa is IMO a very good plane to prep you for a warbird because it is a low wing, it can be made very fast yet can slow down to give you a chance to learn. Like it has been said with warbirds every reaction has to be in front of where your flying and if you have to think about it. it's too late. I have heard by many however that the E-Flight P-47 is a very forgiving and nice flyer, it is a RTF and is said can slow down very nice for landing and does not have near the stall habbits of most warbirds, just my 2 cents worth