RCU Forums - View Single Post - Raptor questions
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Dyehard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor questions

Squirrel, do you have an R30? Pretty strong opinion, unless you have flown one,yourself, long enough to find out if the stories are true. The R 30 I have was acquired used, don't know how much total time is on it. It has every bearing that was in it when I got it still in it, and that and the ball links is where most heli's wear. It is dead stock except for the paddles, it doesn't have any of the reported problems. I don't know of any of the half dozen or so flying locally that have any of those poblems. I run mine anywhere from 1700 to 2000 on the head, no woofs or any other problems. With the stock woodies and KSJ paddles, it will roll as fast orfaster than a X-cell or Futura with 180 gram graphites and 25 gram paddles. It has been crashed several times, it always flys exactly the same every time it is rebuilt. It is not supposed to be the ultimate 3D ship or and Fai ship, only a bigginers ship or one an advanced flyer can improve his flying with without emptying his wallet evertime it crashes. At those two tasks it is as good as any thing out there, better that most. There may be some R30's with problems, there are thousands without any. These are my opinions, and I don't make a dime off this hobby and while I still consider myself a beginner at times, I figure I've been flying heli as long as anyone one this forum, a lot longer tham most.