RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...
Old 11-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

Mach62,

Check this out, it tells you how high you went, cost $40

R/C universe: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/n...roduct_id=1088
manufacturer link: http://wingedshadow.com/ (see bottom of page)
__________________________________________________ ________

Lucky9910,
You can fly with a 4200 battery no problem; just make sure that the C.G. is put to same location as before. To do that the battery will need to be installed way further back (away from nose), foam needs to be cut to make room for battery, and since that leaves you less room behind the battery for ESC and Receiver, make sure you have a plan to see where they are going to be, cut more foam as needed to make them fit.
If that battery comes in 2 configurations, get the shortest one. For example thunder power Prolite series 4200-3S comes in slim (long) and block (short), so in that case get the block type. It is the stock 2100 length, but twice the width. Well regarding the battery shape; if others know better, I would like to hear it, I'm talking about my experience, and knowing what does C.G. with stock Elevons and stock vertical fins while using the stock C.G. location.

I've flown that way, it is great, it is fantastic for real long flight. Your stall speed will be higher so keep an eye on it, if you have dual rate and if your low rate is really low, then during landing make sure to use high rate especially if the battery is dead and ESC cut-off has occurred, if you don’t, you may not have good control of the plane and not enough up elevator and such........
I have seen one guy fly with the ESC in front of the battery, but I hate to see that. Great if he does not crash, but if he does...That battery will be a battering ram and will smash the ESC. There is no need to do that in my opinion, make room for everything in back of battery. If you are running at 30+ AMP, you might even notice higher speeds, because the voltage will not drop as much, and you will also draw little higher amps than before. So if you go from 2100 to 4200 mAH, the flight duration will be little less than twice as long.
Another great thing is that the wind will affect you less due to more weight. A bad thing that you will see right away is that when you make a hard turn you will notice that the plane will not make as tight a turn. How can I describe it....it feels like a wash out....Well your tightest turns will be larger than before, so you will be giving up some of your aerobatic ability.

Personally, I love carrying as much battery as I can...and I love high speed....Blame the DARK SIDE.....

Gryphon