RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...
Old 11-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Buggygovroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

ORIGINAL: Mach62

Good luck with the Hawk. It was my first real build and it never got far off the ground. I think my CG was off and it just torqued over and smashed into the ground. Because I had my 1320 mah battery so far forward and had carved out so much foam it really took a beating - a real heartbreaker. After a few failed attempts to launch it, I lost my temper and smashed it to bits like a 2 year old. I am sure you will fair better as I have only been flying for a few months.

Maidened today. Barely needed any toss at all to lift off. This thing was a rocket and clocked in at 135 mph and 80 at half throttle with my gear. I either stripped the elevator servo or lost signal all together tward the end of the flight which caused it to nose in from about 150 feet. I was having second thoughts on the receiver I was using but range test showed no problem and it was the only 6 channel receiver I had and I needed all the channels. Its definitely worth rebuilding and I bought myself a berg 7ch microstamp today.

Controls were smooth with the wooden surfaces and it was extremely fast. Its a shame I used an art-tech receiver... what a piece of crap.