RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Buggygovroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

Buggygovroom,

This is an edit:
I see my original post will live forever.

Seriously, I was looking at the pics that you had sent me, and I see that the battery is all the way forward. Starting from the front edge of the hatch and then going back. It looks like the cooling air from the vents is going to be behind the battery. I have no doubt that you will be checking the temp of the battery.

Question: If the battery ends up getting a little too hot, do you have any plans as far as how to cool it? Will you be cutting 2 more vent holes, or 1 vent hole on the bottom with your famous scoop, or 1 hole through the center of the nose...? Any ideas ahead of time?

Gryphon
I added intakes on the sides of the nose before the maiden, as well as some last minute touch ups with screws in the servo horns and trimming. The build was definitely fun and worth all the time put into it... I should have broke and went to buy a receiver instead of what I used. It would have been here ready for another flight tomorrow if I did... All I can say is.. what a rocket! If I had my 6s in there it would have been unreal. Maybe next build.