RCU Forums - View Single Post - new boat-31" Victory off shore cat updated 31/12
Old 11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
unclecrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new boat-31" Victory off shore cat.

Tower sells the .18 belt start for 87 bucks. This is how I seal my wood 30minute epoxy deluted with denatured alchol about 60e/40a mix the epoxy in a jar or epoxy cup then pour in the alchol. It will look like a big goo ball for a while just keep sturring until it melts into the alchol. I like to use a flux brush for soldiering to spread it. I put a coat wait about 10 or 15 min. and put another. I like 2or 3 coats by the 2 you will see it start to puddle a bit you dont need it super thick check it again after 15more min. if you are still seeing the grain add a third coat. I like diluting it this way I believe it soaks deeper into the wood. You could paint it but it will just add weight. I painted my one boat with acrylic urethane stuff is tough as nails but for sealing you will be able to get the epoxy to flow into all the cracks better also adding strength to any of the joints that might not have been glued good. The third is foe fueling it needs to be pluged. I use a 2 line tank I fuel mine from the carb line. This way I dont have to worrie if the plug is sealed or leaking. You can get an electric pump or a squeeze bottle or they make a hand crank pump that goes on top of a gallon. I think theres one just hold in hand and crank.