RCU Forums - View Single Post - O' Donnell 20% fuel
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 AM
125cchyperman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O' Donnell 20% fuel

ORIGINAL: djheptic

the rtr contains to much oil and it has shown in tests that to much oil is bad for a engine.
Even thought I agree with what you have said I also have to disagree with some of what you have said. Annd the things I disagree with is whats above.

For one thing as far as I know O'Donell does not disclose how much oil they use in there fuels (as I said as far as I know) so unless you have some other way's of finding out, you dont know exactly how much oil is in there RTR fuel's. So it coule be any where from 12% to 20% as far as we know. Maybe they use another form of oil in the RTR then they use in the race blend, but use the same %. Now how likely is this probably closer to nill but none the less we dont know.

Another thing is that to much oil is not bad for the engine. The diminishing return for the engine is shown to be around 8-12% but that extra oil does not hurt the engine. Now like 46u has posted, there is a secondary affect to it but that would be from bad tuning and not actually from the excessive oil that is in the fuel. If you run any engine lean it will hurt the engine, so the excessive oil does not hurt the engine, it's the user and the inability of the user to accurately tune the engine with that particular fuel. But just about eveyrhitng else I agree with you