RCU Forums - View Single Post - O' Donnell 20% fuel
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
125cchyperman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O' Donnell 20% fuel

ORIGINAL: 46u

Run what you want but I know from experience what works and what problems there is with high oil content fuels and many other experienced RC people for the most part will tell you the same. Yes you are correct that O’Donnell does not publish oil content but a experienced RCer can tell when it is to much just by the way it runs and tuning.
I by no means am arguing with you as I know what higher oil contents do, how they are lower in power and can cause OWB to slip(mainly Traaxas and blue thunder fuel's) and so forth. But as I said before he's a Novice and I dont want him to burn a motor up from it being to lean. I also understand that to most of us who know what we are doing also know how to tune and know when a fuel has to much oil content in it.

I am not arguing about this point at all, but from what I have heard, he has not ran anything yet and is totally new. So he hasnt experienced, a loss in power from the fuel, and doesnt need the extra power from the race blend. And the extra oil will help him if he does take it a little to close where as a race blend will just give and burn the engine up or, harm the engine. And most people are just bashing the O'Donell fuel because of the higher oil contents also because of the loss of power, that the extra oil takes away.

But this is from people that are experienced RCers such as you (46u) and I who have been driving them for several years now. But he has yet to touch one, so the extra power is not needed in this application. I say once he gets better at tuning then sure get the arce blend and drive it till the sun goes down by all means. But as I said 46u I am not argiung with you at all with this point.