RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Plane
Thread: First Plane
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 03:21 PM
dragline322

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Plane

Hi, I have a great intrest in getting into this hobby. I have flown battery powered Firebird type planes for a while but hate having to constantly stop and recharge the batteries, I want to get into the glow fuel end of this, I am the kind of person who must research things before just jumping in. In my research I was glad to see that it was simple to research because of the myriad of products labled for the beginner, however this is also the problem there are so many claiming to be the best. even articles which name one the best, then next week name another the best in the same publication. HELP PLEASE any advice on what should be my first Glow powered plane will be greatly appreciated.

I guess I should add some more here, the plane i was most comfortable with was the Firebird ST II, I did have a Hanger-9 P-51 PTS but i ended up crashing it on my first cord free take off. I liked the mustang, but think i really picked it out because it looked different from the other trainers. They guy at my local club told me that it was a good trainer but he had seen better and most expereinced persons in the hoby will swear by the flat bottomed trainer style wings. I did solo with the Mustang PTS so i do have just a little experience. and the added bonus is that i already have the field equipment. Ive been debating on the Hobbico, Avistar, and Superstar, any specifics on these planes would be a help also. as well as general info on other trainers.