RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...
Old 12-09-2006, 08:21 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

ORIGINAL: critterhunter

ORIGINAL: joe1

Hi Maine Flyer :-)
I looked at it just know looked at it again but it looks straight and I already gave it 1/4" of down on the thrust line by putting a shime under the front of motor mount that did help some.
I hate to get rid of it because it handles wind real good and it is strong.

P.S. There has been a few people that said they did not know if APC E Props came in a 7x6 and yes they do!

ORIGINAL: Maine_Flyer

you can raise the thrust-line by adding shimms in the front and or torquing down the rear motor mount screws..
Joe, the reason (I think) the APC 7x6 SF prop was selected as the best all around prop for the BP21 was to keep the amps tamed down a bit. A 7x6 is already pushing that motor over it's amp limits a bit and if you used an E prop you might red line it beyond return. Then again, I've heard of people running an 8x6E on the BP21 and a 3 cell. Just check the heat of the motor after flying full throttle for a few minutes. Land it right away so the motor doesn't have a chance to cool down and see if it's hot.
Interesting... from what I've read the SF props produce more drag at the higher RPMs vs the E series props?