RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

Need a little advice on the wing loading on my AP plane. It's very near complete so I piled everything onto the digital scale to see where I was at for a ready to fly weight, camera and all. It was reading right around 36 ounces. It should stay near that but worse case let's say 40 ounces would put me at around 16 to 17 ounces per square foot for the 48" wing. Gliders are around 10 and trainers around 15. Do you think this plane is going to land and fly too fast to stay in the air? If the weight does hit 40 I guess I could increase the wingspan to around 56 inches and that should knock it down to 14 or so. I'm not too concerned about it wanting to fly a bit faster to stay in the air. Mainly I wanted to be able to keep the speed real low for good landing in tight areas where I plan to launch (hunting property, etc).