RCU Forums - View Single Post - my big JR problem
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 03:03 AM
teamevan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my big JR problem

I POSTED THIS IN THE DIRECT SUPPORT THREAD. . .

to all JR fans and direct support (Danny). . .
i have just had my SECOND JR transmitter die on me. It is not reversed polarity, spilled gas, dust, rough use, dropping, or any mis-use or improper tear down. I have a double major in electronic engineering and aeronautical science from MTSU. . . i know electronics. After the system that i threaded about earlier would not even turn on (yes i checked the battery and it was charged) after it just sat on the counter with no interruptions awaiting replies, I unscrewed the back cover for the first time to take a look at the electrical and circuitry work. I gave the circuitry a B+ to A- and the wiring an A+. The actual work is not bad. This is where the problem occurred: the processor and the bottom circuit board! What?! I inspected the entire set up from solder to solder and wire to wire. there was not a single short or bare wire. After i traced the ENTIRE SYSTEM i have to blame it on FRED (that's what i call every specialized computer system. . . fred is always confused) This is not a cop-out on my knowledge of system interface this was/is the problem. I then opened the back of the first JR that went out on me (that is another 6102) and i found the same problem. While i believe JR makes excellent quality radio systems and great servos i will no longer use their transmitters. I guess i will take your advise, Danny whether to send it in or not, but either way i am truly disappointed in the TX's. JR gets a lot of stuff right, but unfortunately my experience with the TX (only) has given me 2 black eyes. I never sent the first one in just thinking it was a glitch and didn't care to pay for shipping and the time i would miss out on flying so i don't know what to do with the second one either.

Q) what brand of TX can i use with JR recievers and servos ect. . . ?

this is not ment to discourage anyone from JR, it is just an example of one guy's troubles. Why cant i win a one in a million draw one something like the lottery, right? Dumb luck i guess.