RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad day camping & flying!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:14 AM
sticktickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad day camping & flying!

Here is a rather funny crash story for you all I was flying a 60 size plane at a AMA field near a campground I often camp at in the summer. Anyway during one flight my engine died and the wind came up kind of fast and blew her into the adjacent campground behind a tree line. I herd it hit something and upon inspecting the crash sight there was my plane lying below a very nice new 5th wheel camper. It had punched a nice 6” hole in the side of it and landed right next to a very nice new pickup truck that it did not hit. The guy was sleeping inside the camper as I had to knock loud to wake him the plane hitting it did not.) When he came to the door I told him what had happened. Needless to say he was not pleased with me but soon calmed down after I told him about the AMA insurance most of us have. Now the funny part, I noticed he was the only one parked in that last back row near this tree line most likely to avoid people and children from damaging his very nice camper and truck. If he was up closer to the lake with all the other campers it would have never happened. One other funny thing he told me is you should be glad my wife has left for the store she’s a whole lot meaner than me and would chew your @#* was glad I missed her then. I did $1600.00 damage to the camper it was fixed in less than two weeks and thank God for the AMA insurance. The plane was fine only the muffler, spinner and prop broke.