RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread-->the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Matto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread-->the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

Hi guys,

After building one of these beauty's about two months ago, i discovered that the hinge on the rudder is far to flexible and instead of pushing the rudder left and right, all it does is the hinge flexes and the rudder strugles to work. I had the new part sent to me from China and after installing that it helped a little bit but was still very average. I finally finished my model a month ago but was still concerned about the rudder,i got the courage up to take it on its maiden flight about 4 weeks ago. Lets just say im now on my second cessna and carefully listening to others who are in the process of building this great model,i also had trouble with the moulded piece that covers all the hinges on the bottom of the fuse,it didnt fit due to that rudder hinge that kept hitting so i left it off not a good idea and certainly a major factor in my maiden flight going so horribly wrong.

Cheers Matto